- This event has passed.
1st November 2022 @ 19:00 - 21:00
RESET (OR RESTART) YOUR CREATIVE PRACTICE. RECONNECT WITH YOUR WRITING. REDISCOVER YOUR STATE OF FLOW. WRITE AND FINISH YOUR BOOK!
About this event
There are so many legitimate reasons why we struggle to write our books, trust me, I know, I feel like I’ve experienced most of them.
Sometimes it can be life and all its busy demands that get in the way of our book writing goals, be that our jobs, our families, or our seemingly never-ending To-Do list that stops us before we’ve even got started.
Sometimes it’s us! We get in the way of ourselves and can become our own worst creative block with all of our doubts, insecurities and I hate to say it, (but I will), excuses, that sabotage all our good intentions to write.
Or sometimes, it can be the writing itself that gets the way, tripping us up, making us feel stuck, spinning our wheels and going nowhere fast.
The list of reasons why we’re not actually writing that book, we so desperately want to write goes on but not anymore…
WELCOME TO THE WRITERS’ HIDEAWAY!
Running every Tuesday evening at the gorgeous Umbrella Cafe in Whitstable, this weekly hideaway allows you to develop a consistent writing practice, just you and your writing so that you can either start the book you’ve been meaning to write, or finally finish it.
- Quality time and space for you to devote to yourself and to your writing process.
- Me, as your Hideaway Host, on hand, all evening to offer plenty of encouragement and support
- The choice of your own writing adventure:
Guided – ideal for writers looking for a little more support and hand-holding with their book writing journey. Each week, we’ll focus on a different aspect of storytelling. I’ll set mini assignments so you’ll never be staring at the dreaded blank page feeling stuck, instead, you’ll actively be working on your book (even if you have no idea what that book might be yet).
Self Guided – you choose what you want to write and how you want to spend your time – it’s your evening, you’re in charge and I will provide you with the space to create.
Or a little bit of both – nothing with the creative process is black and white and neither is your writing journey. So, if one week you fancy dancing to the beat of your own creative drum and getting stuck into your writing on your own, and the next, you’d like me to set the rhythm leading you in one of my guided sessions, that works perfectly well too. All that matters is that you’re hiding away to write.
- A community of fellow writers and storytellers. Joining the my Hideaway community also gives you access to my Facebook community.
- A place to set some big juicy book writing goals, be held accountable, be supported, motivated and cheered on, all in equal measure, each and every week.
- An opportunity to be brave and share some of your writing in a safe and encouraging environment but only if you want to, this is always optional.
- A peaceful, purposeful space for you to escape the distractions of your day-today life and find some uninterrupted, quality time to write your book, even if right now you haven’t got a clue where to start or what to do next.
If this sounds like something you and your writing need then join me for my next Hideaway, and let’s see what you can create…