(General Data Protection Regulation 2018)
We want you to feel confident about giving us your personal information so that we can keep in touch with you. The privacy and security of your personal information is extremely important to us and this policy explains how and why we use your personal data.
This policy applies whatever your connection with The Umbrella Centre is, whether you’re a supporter, a member, a volunteer, a tenant, a hirer, a donor, an employee, a trustee, use any of our services or visit our website or social media, or email, call or write to us.
We’ll never sell your personal data and will only share it with organisations we work with when it’s necessary and the privacy and security of your data is assured.
This policy was made on 09.05.2018. We may need to change parts of the policy from time to time. Any changes will be recorded and dated on this page.
Who We Are
We, The Whitstable Umbrella Community Centre, is both a Charity (1097884) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (4290447). Our location is the building formerly known as St. Mary’s Parish Hall, Whitstable, and our postal address is: Whitstable Umbrella Community Centre, Oxford Street, Whitstable, Kent CT5 1DD. Our telephone number is 01227 274880. The website is https://www.umbrellacentre.co.uk, our Facebook name is https://www.facebook.com/umbrellacentre, our Twitter name is https://twitter.com/umbrellacentre.
Our objectives are:
to promote (without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, race or political, religious or other opinions) any charitable purpose for the benefit of the inhabitants of Chestfield, Seasalter, Swalecliffe, Tankerton and Whitstable, Kent (the area of benefit) and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, in particular:
(i) to relieve mental or physical sickness, disability or disorder, and to relieve the aged
(ii) to protect and preserve mental and emotional health and stability.
What is Personal Data?
It’s any information that can be used to help identify an individual such as name, address, phone number or email address. When appropriate it may also include data such as date of birth, specific interests or needs, photographs, and financial information.
What We Use This Data For
We’ll only use your data for lawful purposes according to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018:
- to fulfill requests from you
- to communicate with you about what’s going on at The Umbrella Centre, if you have agreed to this
- to transact necessary business with you.
Sharing Your Information
We will only share your information:
- if we are legally required to do so by, for example, the police, government officials or a court of law
- if we believe it is necessary to protect our property or personal safety, or that of our visitors or users.
Storing Your Information
The safety of your personal data is very important to us and we will do all in our power to ensure your privacy.
- Information will only be kept as long as it is useful.
- If you wish to remove or change your details at any time we will comply as quickly as possible.
- Access to your data will be limited to those in an official position such as employees and trustees.
- Any errors will be corrected as soon as these become known.
- Data kept on computer will be securely stored and restricted to those with a right of access.
- Printed data will be kept in locked cabinets in locations that are locked when those with a right of access are not present.
You have the right under the various data protection acts to:
- have access to a copy of the information we hold about you
- have inaccurate data rectified, erased or destroyed
- have your data kept securely and only for as long as it is relevant
- be contacted by us only in accordance with your stated preferences.